- Dhamma.org, the main site
- Description of the meditation technique
- Introduction and Code of Discipline for courses
- The Art of Living, an essay and background on why meditation is helpful
- Questions and Answers about courses
- Locations of Vipassana Centers worldwide
- I highly recommend sitting courses while traveling, and have had the good fortune to have visited centers in Burma, Thailand, Mexico, New Zealand and Australia (among others). Doing courses abroad is a great way to meet like-minded people, eat fantastic local food, and see how they do things at other centers. The course timetables and instructions are the same, but the scenery's different and always interesting.
- What the Buddha Taught by Walpola Rahula, one of the simplest, easiest to read distillations of what the whole thing is about
- Old Path White Clouds by Thich Nhat Hanh, a chronological compilation of stories from the Tipitaka, told in narrative form and utterly delightful to read. I finished it in a single sitting during a 30-hour bus ride from Yangon to Mandalay, and could hardly put it down.